Saturday, January 9, 2010

Outerspace Baby Quilt

This is a quilt I pieced for a friend from bookclub. Her baby was born in October, so I am running behind on getting this quilt to her, but I don't consider myself LATE until a baby has their first birthday!

I found this space and alien fabric at my local quilt shop and fell in love with it. I pieced the quilt in a day, it is from Evelyn Sloppy's (I love her name) book Sew One and Your Done. It is great to show off large scale prints, like the white & red in this quilt because the pieces are so big. It also makes the piecing fast, again, since the pieces are so big.

Once it was finished, I searched for a pantograph and found this perfect one called Outerspace by Jodi Beamish. It was in the Intermediate section, guess I have graduated from easy to intermediate!
I picked a yellow/orange varigated thread. For this one I wanted the thread to blend on the front and show up on the back. The back is a dark blue outspace fabric.
Whole quilt....I love orange
Astronaut is sooo cute!
A black hole I guess?
UFO ship.....
Rocket ship....

I will add the binding at my guild meeting this week and then I'll just have to patiently wait for bookclub in February!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it! It's gorgeous - how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Katrina! It was so quick and easy, I rarely do quick and easy, perhaps I should do more! It felt good to get one done in under a year.

    ReplyDelete