Sunday, November 8, 2009

Blue Quilt

This week I finished and delivered the blue and pink quilts to my client. I was so pleased with the curlz pantograph I used for this quilt. It was Warren's idea to do a swirl pattern and I am glad he suggested it. It was a fun panto to do, the machine and I did a little dance as we twirled and twisted across the quilt. I am pleased with how the thread blends in the middle and stands out on the borders. I almost did the opposite a blue thread that would show up in the middle and not in the border. But decided to go this way since there was already so much going on in the middle. Enjoy the pictures!

Here is the whole quilt...
Close up detail of middle....

Detail of middle, here you can see the texture the quilting brings to the quilt...

Detail of border transition to middle....
Close up of border corner....
Close up of border....
This week I will load up the second scrappy quilt, same as the one I did 5 quilts or so ago, but with a pink color way. The kids are home half of this week for veterans day, so only one quilting day for me next week.

1 comment: